Monday, 10 February 2014

Cloud Lift


I guess this picture comes under the category of celebrating the small things. It tells me to revel in the joy of unexpected pleasure. Throw back your arms and let it in.

It is a work of street art by David Zinn. It makes me think he has an enviable lightness of spirit. Do you know someone like that, are you one? Is it something you are born with or is there a trace of whimsy in all of us just waiting to be developed?

Read more about David here

P.S. a cloud lift is seen most often in Arts and Crafts/American Bungalow design. A portion of a horizontal line is lifted up, I hope you are too. Cloud lifts will be my gift to you on a Monday morning.

9 comments:

  1. A lovely cloud lift, and a great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like to start the day on a positive note.

      Delete
  2. There was whimsy and then there was a time when there was very little of it. Now that I'm a grandmother there seems to be a return of that wonderful quality and I enjoy it very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a secure child has more scope to build whimsy. I love watching the freedom my grandson has to push the boundaries of his personality whichever way he chooses.

      Delete
  3. It's fun and maybe even a little bit essential to have a touch of whimsy in our lives these days. Love David Zinn's artwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David Zinn adds goodwill to our world. How uplifting it must be to come across his street art at a random moment. There are so many people struggling at the moment, anything that makes you forget the strain, even for a few seconds, has got to be good.

      Delete
  4. So cute. It does inspire joy! Art should do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned something new today, not knowing the term cloud lift before. And yes, the artwork lifted my spirits! The little mouse rejoicing in the beauty of the sunflower is most adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! his art works are so cute. Thanks for informing us about him.

    ReplyDelete

Remember to check the notify me box. I always answer comments.